Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Freedom for the Red Tail


The hawk completely recovered after 5 1/2 weeks. True to her word, the bird rehabber brought the bird back to the ranch for release. Here they are getting her out of the crate.
She looks healthy and ready to go!


She's outta here!

Scoping out her new surroundings
I spotted the hawk several times afterward. I knew it was her as her tail feathers were ragged from sitting in a cage. I can only hope that almost a year later, she is one of the hawks who screeches at me when I enter the woods every morning!

1 comment:

Angie @ thejunkranch said...

Enjoyed the post and pictures. We have a red-shouldered hawk that calls to us daily. He's very chatty and follows us around the farm when we are out. He's very neighborly! We do rehab with our zoo - very rewarding!