Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tag's Eye Injury

Tag injured his eye and lacerated his cornea.
Under the vet's supervision, I've been treating it with eye drops & ointments.
Unfortunately, it hasn't healed, so the vet inserted a lavage system
to administer medication directly under the eyelid.

A small "showerhead" is placed under the upper eyelid
and a tube attached to it comes out above the eyebrow, where the bloody bandage is.
It is then stitched in place to his forehead and poll.



The tube is then threaded through his braided mane
and a port is attached at the end to administer medication.
He will be hospitalized for several days.
I'm hoping for a complete recovery.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Give Tag a great big hug from me! I hope he is doing better! I need to meet Jasper soon too!

tagnrocky said...

Hi Julie!

Tag's doing OK. Hopefully he'll come home next week. Yes, come meet Jasper & ride! Call when you have a free day.