Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Diverse Discoveries

Here's a few things I saw walking some different areas.
This giant walking stick (bug) was on my neighbor's fence as we rode in the arena.

Another neighbor's beehives

 Busy bees


Hedge apples are falling.
These are the fruit of the Osage Orange tree.


Mushroom on a mossy log

Velvet leaf which has velvety leaves.
It is also called butter print or pie maker since the seed pods resemble the print
block used on butter pats or pie crusts. 

Deer bones

And a cat on a fence!

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Molly!!!!!

Carole Barkett said...

Great idea for a posting, I love the photos

tagnrocky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tagnrocky said...

Actually the cat is Simon, Debi's cat. He was trying to get my attention while I photographed the stick bug!