Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finding My Roots

Our trip to southern Lawrence County, Indiana
had a goal to discover more about my ancestors.
Many of my maternal grandfather's kin
 are from Spice Valley township
where we visited the Liberty Baptist church & cemetery.


There we found the graves of my great grandparents.
I vaguely remember my great grandfather,
 who was alive when I was a toddler.

We also found the grave site of my 3rd great grandparents,

Eli & Thurzy Way.
Thurzy lived to be 103 years old!

We continued our search at Conerley Switch Cemetery

to find my 2nd great grandfather's grave.

And we found the original family homestead.



In addition, we visited the hat factory, now the potter's cabin
 in the Spring Mill pioneer village,
 which was built by my 3rd great grandfather, Young Edwards.
Its interesting, finding your roots.
I can better understand why I love the rolling hills
 and open spaces of the country.

Edwards-Isom Homestead

1 comment:

LNo said...

That is very interesting!